Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Say what?

Bunny is saying so many words that it's hard to keep up - "go to school" is said with so much enthusiasm that it makes my heart happy - knowing that she is happy there and has friends to play with helps me feel better about the whole "childcare" thing. It is a struggle constantly for me to feel good about it but I think it's easier now that she has her words, signs, etc to say no! mine! and be able to stand up and defend herself - which she is doing very well thank you very much. I think part of my worry was that she was going to love her teacher just a little bit too much and that there wouldn't be any extra for G. and me. But that's silly talk - Daddy is her favourite word, well BOBO is a close second - then mama-ugh! is reserved for "help" "I'm tired" "I'm almost 2 and don't know what to do" etc I'm working on Mummy which she does use but mama falls out often.
We're having our first cookout - which will be interesting because of the new me it will be a mix of veggie and yucky burgers (I still need to find someone to make them) I'm looking forward to it because our neighbours are very easy going and we really enjoy spending time with them.

Last night was girls night - we've switched it up and have been going to R'p which is a nice change but kind of a pain to get there on a Tuesday night not to mention that we don't get there until 7:30 - so if I go home I risk the Bunny factor - not letting me leave peacefully and having G deal with a blubbering mess while I run out for a light hearted fun filled ladies night...... or finding something to do that will kill an hour or two - so I worked later than usual and stopped by TJ's for a quick fix - ended up being there longer than planned and didn't get to the bar until 7.20 oops. Since we start "later" I get home much later - after 10 pm last night a rock star I tell you - G. was already in bed but still awake, a little grumpy since he's night sucked with 2 dirty disobedient monsters... and no water (that's another story!) I was still wound up from my outing and wasn't ready to sleep so I was going to have a glass of wine - yes I needed another drink - and watch TV for a few minutes - G. decided to join me so we reviewed the evening and caught up on some stuff.
Now my ass is dragging - how is it I could do this "party" thing 7 nights a week and still function all day at work - yes I had naps and didn't have a toddler that likes to wake up at the butt crack of dawn or earlier if possible. I think I just answered my question.

No comments: